Thursday, August 29, 2013

Why Choose 'Huldah'?

Not a question, but an observation, it's interesting that you name yourself after the prophetess Huldah, who was consulted by a Judean king about the words in the book of law that was found in the Jewish temple, and told the decimation of Jerusalem and Judah would not occur during his lifetime. Are you a modern day prophetess? Were you unaware of the association? Or was there another reason you chose that name?

Regards,

ANC


**********

Dear ANC,

Thanks for inquiring. I am quite familiar with Huldah’s story in scripture. However, I do not consider myself a “modern day prophetess” as people would think of it today. I am unable to say that I have ever stood on a mountain top and pointed out over America with God’s words flaming from my lips.

That being said, it is written in the New Testament that God bestows upon His people gifts to be used for the cause of His kingdom. I am not unique, those gifts are given to every Christian, but it is up to the individual to find out, with God’s help, what their gifts are and how He wants to use them. See 1 Corinthians 12 and Romans 12.

I have a passion for God’s Truth and evangelism. Sharing that Truth with others is what the Lord put on my heart to do. I see people all around me that are being lied to about what is right and what is wrong, and so many are confused. Children are taught that sex is okay at any age, abortion is alright if it is convenient for the mother, criminals are only born that way, we can live our lives however we see fit without any consequences, I could go on and on. All these lies burn in my bosom at night as a God-fearing woman. I see my country falling into a trap.

I chose Huldah because I was looking for a strong female voice (not to mention her name is unique). What I liked about her was that when she delivered her prophecy, she boldly spoke the Truth. The Truth was stinging, but someone had to speak it. Then she came back and delivered a message of hope to the king who had humbled himself before God.

I don’t know about you, but I think we could use a lot of voices like Huldah’s just about now.

Hope that helps.

Maidservant Huldah

No comments:

Post a Comment