Saturday, August 17, 2013

Huldah, Maidservant of the Lord

Huldah was a little known prophetess that was used by God in 2 Kings 22, and her story starts in verse 8 - 22. (See Below) At God's prompting, she was bold enough to speak warning, yet at the same time she also gave hope. 

 That is exactly the burden God placed on my heart for the people in my country.

Before I was saved, I was easily confused about so many issues that affect our society today. I seemed to have instincts discerning right from wrong, but not only did I have no basis for argument concerning which was which, it was easy to violate my own conscience without good, solid direction. It was far too tempting to follow the wrong path, if it brought me pleasure, without someone to tell me why it was wrong. 

When I began to read God’s Word, He opened up a whole new world to me, His world; a world of Truth that is perfect and unchanging. He spent several years removing the veil from eyes, layer by layer, showing me through His own eyes how the world looks and what is Truth concerning it. 

It can be a lonely place when we feel something is right or wrong, but society, family, or friends seem to dictate to us how we are to think or feel. The truth is, there is only one Truth, and it is God’s written Word.  

Ask Huldah is a ministry with the confused, lost, or misdirected in mind. Though some may need simple advice, others may need someone to point them to the narrow gate. 
Mat 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. " 
It is the goal of this ministry to reach people with God’s Truth in all areas of life that affect us as individuals and as a society.

It is not God’s will for us to remain in confusion and follow the world, it is His desire that we turn to Him for Truth in all matters.
1John 2:15 Do not love the world nor the things in the world If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world is passing away, and also its lusts; but the one who does the will of God lives forever. 
James 1:5 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him.
As for my signature...

I began calling myself "Your Maidservant" in prayer some years back when I had a series of miscarriages. I realized through my trials just how small I was before the almighty God. I was not angry with Him for what was happening. I was awed by Him. Now, when I sign a letter, I find it continues to remind me of my humble position before Him. When answering a letter, I have a duty to seek His answers to help His people, not my own.

Thank you for taking the time to read about "Maidservant Huldah."

Huldah's story:
2Ki 22:8-20 Then Hilkiah the high priest said to Shaphan the scribe, "I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD." And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan who read it. Shaphan the scribe came to the king and brought back word to the king and said, "Your servants have emptied out the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of the workmen who have the oversight of the house of the LORD." 
Moreover, Shaphan the scribe told the king saying, "Hilkiah the priest has given me a book." 
And Shaphan read it in the presence of the king. When the king heard the words of the book of the law, he tore his clothes.Then the king commanded Hilkiah the priest,Ahikam the son of Shaphan, Achbor the son of Micaiah, Shaphan the scribe, and Asaiah the king's servant saying, "Go, inquire of the LORD for me and the people and all Judah concerning the words of this book that has been found, for great is the wrath of the LORD that burns against us, because our fathers have not listened to the words of this book, to do according to all that is written concerning us." 
Huldah Predicts
So Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam, Achbor, Shaphan, and Asaiah went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe (now she lived in Jerusalem in the Second Quarter); and they spoke to her. She said to them, "Thus says the LORD God of Israel, 'Tell the man who sent you to me, thus says the LORD, "Behold, I bring evil on this place and on its inhabitants, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah has read. Because they have forsaken Me and have burned incense to other gods that they might provoke Me to anger with all the work of their hands, therefore My wrath burns against this place, and it shall not be quenched."' 
"But to the king of Judah who sent you to inquire of the LORD thus shall you say to him, 'Thus says the LORD God of Israel, "Regarding the words which you have heard, because your heart was tender and you humbled yourself before the LORD when you heard what I spoke against this place and against its inhabitants that they should become a desolation and a curse, and you have torn your clothes and wept before Me, I truly have heard you," declares the LORD.
"Therefore, behold, I will gather you to your fathers, and you will be gathered to your grave in peace, and your eyes will not see all the evil which I will bring on this place."'" So they brought back word to the king.
For more information concerning women prophets (true or false) and where to locate them in Bible, I recommend Women Prophets in the Bible​.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very happpy to see this site, one in which we can all grow in the Christian life. No matter where we are in life, it is our reasonable duty to bring others to Jesus, to introduce Jesus and His purpose.
    I can truthfully say that satan has attacked my health. His plan was to bring about my death.
    But each time I gave my situation to the Lord. He took my illness upon His own body (by His stripes I am healed). I believe what Jesus says and all I had to do was to receive His healing and His truth. Here I am today so very thankful for all the miracles He has done in my life.
    Give every single problem to Jesus then He will answer. Sometimes it is instant and sometimes it is a progression. Call upon Him and He will answer.

    ReplyDelete